Golden Turmeric Lattes are becoming popular all over the world, because of their wonderfully warm colour, delicious spiced flavour and soothing properties.
Golden Turmeric Latte contain the superfood turmeric, which studies show has incredible anti-inflammatory benefits.
Why Turmeric is so good for you
Turmeric contains the active ingredient, curcumin, which is a natural anti-inflammatory that can reduce inflammation and pain in the body.
Turmeric has also been shown to have a positive impact on balancing the mood. It can help boost serotonin and dopamine levels – which, when low, can cause depression. So if you’re looking to boost your mood, a golden latte could be all you need.
Note: Make sure you use high quality turmeric so you enjoy the maximum health benefits. We recommend Zen Green Tea’s Turmeric Matcha Mix, as this uses turmeric sourced from Alleppey in India – and turmeric here contains the highest concentration of antioxidant, curcumin. This Turmeric Matcha Mix is a handcrafted blend of turmeric, matcha, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of black pepper. The black pepper is important as it increases the absorption of turmeric’s antioxidant by up to 2000%.
How to make a Golden Turmeric Latte
- 1 tsp Turmeric Matcha powder: Zen Green Turmeric Matcha Tea Mix
- 2 tbsp hot (but not boiling) water
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Optional: Drizzle of maple syrup or honey
- Stir the turmeric matcha tea mix into the water, until dissolved, in a mug.
- Heat the milk in a pan with the cinnamon. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the mug with the turmeric mix. Stir well.